Saturday 7 January 2012

Review: The UNII Palette in Honeysuckle, Turquoise, Pear and Lavender

I fell in love with these palettes the moment I discovered them. At the time, they had the darker colors (Pomegranate, Lemongrass, Twilight etc) and each palette came with a steel plate instead to a magnetized plate. I wanted to order them, but they were out of stockL I checked again a few months after and they had new colors!!!! I was so happy because they were more on the soft pastel colors which I personally thought was really pretty. In addition, the plating is actually magnetized which eliminates the need for adding a magnet on MOST eyeshadow pans (excluding M.A.C. and Nyx eyeshadows).
As much as I do love these palettes, they are VERY expensive. I paid around $33 CAD (includes shipping, taxes etc) for one palette. They are cheaper if you buy more at one time, but I did not want to buy all 6 colors at once. I purchased the UNII palette in Honeysuckle first and I was REALLY impressed. It was absolutely gorgeous and had a beautiful glittery effect to it. In addition, it came with a magnet sheet that was the same as the ones that came with the old darker palettes. I sooooo stunned by the palette that....I ordered 3 moreJ! I purchased the palettes in Turquoise, Pear, and Lavender. I was equally as impressed by the beautiful colors of these palettes. The only thing different was that the magnet sheet that came with the 3 palettes were different from the one sent with my palette in Honeysuckle. The magnet sheet that came with my Honeysuckle palette had the UNII logo printed on the “writing” side of the sheet, was LARGE enough to cover my entire palette and was a THICK sheet of magnet. The other 3 that I ordered had no UNII logos on it, was WAY SMALLER than the other sheet and was quite thin. I am not sure as to why they did that, maybe it is meant to be an improvement, but I was very confused.
When I received my UNII palettes, I was shocked to see how small they were! They are great in terms of quality, but I easily filled up all my palettes. They are however, great for travelling. If I really take some time and try, I could fit an eyeshadow brush in there and a flat blush brush as well as my essentials. It was really be nice if they would come out with a new UNII palette that is BIGGER, I’m talking laptop size!
Unii Palette in Honeysuckle

Unii Palette in Turquoise


Unii Palette in Pear



 Unii Palette in Lavender



-The magnet sheets that came with my recent 3 palettes
PROS
J Beautiful
J Handy to have
J Great for travelling
CONS
L Expensive
L A bit on the small size
L Long wait to ship to Canada
L Not as easy to clean compared to their previous palettes
OVERALL
I love these palettes! They are a 4.5/5J
WOULD I REPURCHASE/PURCHASE FULL SIZE/PURCHASE MORE?
I am actually going to buy the remaining 2 colors on their site (Crystal and Midnight). If they do come out with other colors, I will probably get them too. I am hoping they will come out with some sort of a green, orange and grey!



2 comments:

  1. I love the colour of Pear, hmm still hard decisions to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually even prettier in real life! It was unfortunate that my camera at the time was not too clear :(!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...