Sunday 8 January 2012

Review: Benefit BAD Gal Lash Mascara

I really wanted to like this mascara, but sadly I didn’t. First of all, I received this as a sample sized mascara from Sephora and so I didn’t really have anything to lose. I actually wanted to try this mascara out because I like Benefit as a brand overall. Most of their products really impressed me and I will be blogging about them in the near future.
To start off, there are a few things I DO like about this mascara. It does not clump and darkens my eyelashes. I did not have a problem with it doing “nothing” as a mascara. However, there are quite a few things that I am disappointed with.....
In my opinion, the brush is a little too big. It is to the point where it becomes a bit difficult to use and is unnecessary. Also, the formula is NOT waterproof. It is a HUGE problem for me because unless it is waterproof, I am very reluctant on using it as I tear up easily and I live in Canada (where snow tends to fly in my face). In addition, this mascara did not hold my curl and was straight down by the end of the day. It was not a huge problem as I wear falsies, but it led to another problem...smudging. I had mini racoon eyes by the end of the day and was not happy about it.


PROS
J Nice packaging
J Darkens lashes
J Does not clump
CONS
L Brush is too big
L Does not hold curl
L Not waterproof
L Smudges
OVERALL
I was disappointed with this mascara. I really wanted to like it. It is a 2/5L
WOULD I REPURCHASE/PURCHASE FULL SIZE/PURCHASE MORE?
I will not be purchasing the full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...