Monday 23 January 2012

Review: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Foundation in Porcelain

I have always wanted to try products from this line because I simply LOVE Carmindy. Every time I watch TLC’s What Not To Wear I would actually watch something else until the “half-hour” mark where she comes in to the show! As I was looking at the foundations, I was going to pick out the lightest shade in the “spray foundation” line. Unfortunately, I found that it was too dark for my skin. I then swatched the lightest shade in the liquid foundation line and thought it matched me a little better (even though it was a little light). It was actually quite expensive for a foundation that I purchased at a drugstore and so I had high hopes for it.
After using this for over half a year now, I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION! I actually prefer using this over my BB creams. Why? Because BB creams have sun protection. I know sun protection is a good thing, but I do not need it during the evening where flash photography would take place. Also, I noticed that this foundation has better coverage while using a smaller amount on my face and is easier to blend. I apply this foundation the same I do with my BB cream- with my fingers, and it leaves a less oily/shiny finish. I am truly very happy with my purchase!


PROS
J GREAT coverage
J Gives a healthy finish
J Did not break me out
J Easy to apply
CONS
L Expensive for a drugstore brand
L A little light for my skin (but it still works)
L Heavy packaging (made of glass?)
OVERALL
This is my current favourite foundation! It is a 4.5/5J.
WOULD I REPURCHASE/PURCHASE FULL SIZE/PURCHASE MORE?
I would definitely repurchase this foundation, maybe in one shade darker.

2 comments:

  1. I also love love love this foundation. However, I can no longer find it anywhere. Any ideas where I can still get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed the same thing. I just checked http://www.sallyhansennaturalbeauty.com/ and they still show that shade. Someone told me it was removed off of the shelves in Canada because it gets sold the least as not many people purchase the lightest shade. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it can currently be purchased. I am currently living off of the last quarter of my bottle :( and after that I will try the lightest available shade, which would be Ecru Beige.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...