Wednesday 4 January 2012

Review: M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

I was looking for a nice highlighter for my face for a while now. I was quite used to using a satin white eyeshadow (like the shade Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked Palette) instead of an actual highlighter product. At the time, I thought this would be perfect. I wanted to buy something called Belightful at M.A.C., but liked this packaging more. I will be completely honest, I never had a great experience with M.A.C. face products. There is something about the formula that doesn’t look or feel natural, but cakey and heavy.
I had the lady at M.A.C. put this on my face and liked it. My faced looked more glowing and I was happy with it. Unfortunately, after the purchase, I went outside and my friend noticed it looking cakey and emphasized my acne/pores. I didn’t want to return it right away and so I decided to keep it and use it VERY lightly. That didn’t work out. So now, I just have this in my vanity table. Maybe I will try it again later on. I am very disappointed because some people love this. I really wanted to as well, but the texture and the feeling/look of my skin after using it does not make me happy.




PROS
J Nice packaging
J Luminous
CONS
L Heavy/cakey feeling
L Accentuates pores/acne
OVERALL
I was quite disappointed with this product. I give this a 2.5/5L.
WOULD I REPURCHASE/PURCHASE FULL SIZE/PURCHASE MORE?
I would not repurchase, however, I am willing to try another highlighter by M.A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...