Monday 27 June 2011

Review: Skin79 Super BB Cream (Hot Pink)

I’ve decided to try this BB Cream because my friend told me it was HER current favourite. My friend and I had similar skin conditions and I thought if it worked for her, it should work similarly for me.
Quick Story: Both my friend and I both suffered from relatively bad acne and oily skin since we were young (around 6th grade). Both of us tried many things to get rid of acne. When over-the-counter creams/gels didn’t work, we asked our doctors for prescriptions. When prescribed creams/gels didn’t work, we used Proactiv. When Proactiv stopped working, we used prescribed drugs. My friend actually was a step ahead of me every time during this process which was why I also tried this BB cream after she did.


PROS: I think it is a great BB cream for those with relatively drier skin. This BB cream did not clog my pores based on the length of time I had been using it for (which was approximately a few months). I personally like to be as matte as possible when it comes to my foundation and my face and this BB cream gives like a dewy glow, which I sometimes translate as “borderline oily”. This BB cream gives a medium coverage which is good for those with “already even and flawless” skin and just wants to cover slight redness and light imperfections.

CONS: I felt like I had to use a bit more concealer for my acne scars after application. Normally, I wouldn’t have to conceal as much, but with this BB cream, I used a little more to ensure coverage. Also, as mentioned before, I felt like my skin looked a little oilier. I already have oily skin to begin with and using this product didn’t help it. I ended up having to use more oil-sheets than usual.
OVERALL: It is a great BB cream even though it is not my current favourite. I will give this a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...