Wednesday 22 June 2011

Review: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

I have seen quite a few people use this concealer. For example, Michelle Phan used this for her “Tim Burton Look” tutorial and famous makeup artist in Hong Kong, Zing, used it on models for a show on TVB. At the time, I did not use concealer at all and thought this one would be a nice one to start with. After using it for two years, I’ve gotta say that I LOVE it! It is perfect for concealing dark eye circles, acne, and acne scars. It is amazing! Recently, I’ve noticed on the Sephora site that they changed the packaging. The one I currently have is a small cylinder package with the concealer on top and loose powder to set the concealer on the bottom. The new packaging appears to be more of an oval shape and I believe it comes with pressed powder instead. I have not tried the new one yet, but I will as I am currently trying to use the last micrometer of product I have left!


-the shade I use is called "Ivory"

-the new packaging I saw on Sephora.com
PROS: It conceals anything I need to conceal, which are my DARK eye circles, acne scars and occasional acneL. The product is long lasting and has a nice finish (meaning it does not look like I’ve used concealer). I also love how the concealer does not slip and slide elsewhere on my face throughout the day as my face gets a little oily.

-all that I have left (sadly)
CONS: The powder tends to finish before the concealer itself, but it is not much of an issue for me as I simply use another type of powder instead. Also this product contains enough for me to last approximately half a year, maybe a little longer. The problem is that in Canada, at least where I am from, buying Bobbi Brown products are not as easy as other brands. Why? Because there is only ONE store that carries it and that store is Holt Renfrew. From where I live, there are only two Holt Renfrew’s that I can possibly reach, but it is still VERY inconvenient to do so. Sephora currently does not carry this brand in Canada. I know that other countries like the United States do and I am very jealousL.  
OVERALL: This is an awesome product and I really recommend it. I give this a 5/5J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...