Sunday 5 June 2011

Eating Pet Peeve

I don’t know about you, but I HATE it when people stare at me when I’m eating. I mean it’s just so AWKWARD....It’s like you’re happily enjoying your food minding your own business AND THEN you realize somebody is staring at you. You don’t want to look back cuz it’s just weird, but you can’t enjoy the rest of your food knowing someone is staring (great..) and what’s worst is when you think/know that they’re smiling....not creepy at all...
I’ve told many people about my pet peeve and they’ve all told me they don’t mind it at all. WHAT?!?! It bothers me like crazzzzzzzy! But to be honest, I think it started when I was really young. I remember having dinner and sitting across my dad at the dinner table (hence the reason why I avoid doing so now). My dad would tell me to eat whatever he thinks tastes good. I would try it out and as I eat he would stare at the same time and then I would say something along the lines of “oh it is really goodJ.....”. But after my comment, I thought it would be the end of it...but no. When I choose something else to eat, it felt like he was watching and expecting me to continue eating what he recommends, don’t tell me it’s the only thing I should eat!!!! It is just so freaking awkward! And so every time I choose from a different dish and is munching & crunching it away, it’s as if he is watching my every move K...smiling at the same time...
And so, one of the main reasons why I dislike people staring at me eating is 1) the experience with my dad..and btw, it happens frequently, not just the one time, 2) I don’t look too attractive when I’m eating (and I’m sure many people are the same unless they come right out of a commercial) and 3) It makes me feel self-conscious, like I am obligated to eat with “proper manners/etiquette” even if it’s just hamburgers and French fries.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...