Saturday 25 June 2011

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Light Oil-Free Foundation Primer

I was actually able to test out the ‘original’ Smashbox foundation primer at Sephora a few years ago. I remembered at the time I didn’t really like it because it felt oily and heavy. It felt as though it was heavier than my actual foundation and was really disappointed. Afterwards my friend even told me some people broke-out because of it as well.
About a year later I was able to get the NEWER Oil-free version as a 100-point sample at Sephora. At first I was hesitant because I thought it might still feel heavy even thought it was changed to ‘oil-free’. But I gave it a chance and got the sample anyways. To be honest I tested it once and never really used it again. I didn’t find foundation primer a necessity in my regular makeup routine. It wasn’t until the beginning of this year that I started using it every day only on my nose and forehead (because it tends to be the oiliest areas on my face).

PROS: This teeny tiny sample lasted me from January until now. THAT IS AMAZING LOL. Even though I only use it on my nose and forehead.....it is still overwhelming (AND IT STILL has some product left!) I also love how this didn’t break me out and it does not feel as heavy as the regular foundation primer. It also makes my skin feel matte, soft and keeps my foundation on longer (makeup tends to rub off faster on the oily areas of my face).
CONS: None at the moment LOL
OVERALL: I love it, it is my current favourite foundation primer and I will most likely purchase the full size J I give this a 5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...