Thursday 21 July 2011

Review: Murad Clarifying Cleanser for Acne

I was very desperate for an acne system after using Proactiv for about 5 years. Proactiv worked for me for the first 2 years and when I thought my skin was well enough to be good without it, I stopped using it. Unfortunately, all my acne returned L I was very upset because I had pretty bad acne. Then, I decided to then use something else that didn’t use the same key ingredient. The key ingredient to Proactive was Benzoyl Peroxide and my friend suggested I try Murad. She told me their key ingredient was Sulfur instead and should be gentler to my skin.
After that I purchased Murad’s acne kit. I decided to review each items separately because there were items I liked more than others.
The first step of the Murad Acne Complex Kit was to clean your face with the Clarifying Cleanser. It came in a rather large tube compared to the rest of the items in the kit. It was definitely different from Proactiv’s cleanser because this one did not contain little beads inside to exfoliate. Instead, it was a transparent, soap-like, liquid that foams when massaged on the face with water.

PROS: I liked how it removed dirt and oil off my face like how a cleanser should. My face feels refreshed after using it. It also had Salicylic acid in it, which is another ingredient that targets acne (in a milder way).

-it contains salicylic acid as a medicinal ingredient
CONS: I tend to prefer cleansers with beads because I feel like they are more “powerful” in terms of getting rid of (exfoliating) dry, dead skin. I also noticed that this cleanser was not meant for people with dry skin. Similar to any “foaming” cleansers, it tends to dry out people’s skin. It wasn’t a big problem for me because I have oily skin, but I can tell that if I used this cleanser in the long run, it will dry it out as well.
OVERALL: It was a pretty decent cleanser, nothing too special though. I suppose it was made that way for acne specifically which tends to be people with oily skin like me. I give this a 3.5/5 J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...