Thursday 21 July 2011

Review: Dr. G Hydra Intensive Blemish Balm SPF 30

A relative of mine was kind enough to bring me back some Dr.G minis from Hong Kong. I was really excited to test it out because I’ve seen great reviews on it. If I really liked it myself, I would definitely purchase the full size. It has SPF 30 which is pretty good because, based on what I have been told, anything over SPF 30 doesn’t really mean it protects you from the sun better or that it really lasts that much longer. Keep in mind that even if it says SPF 100, you have to reapply sunscreen every so often ANYWAYS.

PROS: I really liked the texture of this BB cream, it felt very light, creamy and was easy to apply. The colour also matched my skin really nicely so I didn’t look too light like a ghost. I also didn’t need to apply a lot to my face. A small amount was sufficient.

CONS: I noticed that as the day goes by, my face becomes oily faster than usual. This means that the BB cream is more of the oily type which is meant for people with dry skin. When I read the name “Hydra Intensive” I was hoping for a water based formula (because to me Hydra=hydration=water!), but I guess I misunderstood.
OVERALL: This would be a good BB cream for the winter when my skin feels drier. At the moment, this is NOT my favourite BB cream. I would say the one by Missha is still my fav, but I still think this is not bad! I give this a 3.5/5 J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...