Monday 28 November 2011

Review: Olay ProX Advanced Cleaning System

I was at my local drug store and discovered that this kit was on sale. I actually wanted to try the Clarisonic, but it was simply too expensive and I thought it wasn’t currently necessary enough for me to pay that much for it. This was definitely a cheaper alternative for me.


This set came with the 2-speed facial cleaning tool as well as the cleaning brush. It also came with batteries for it which was great because it is super annoying when companies don’t do that! On top of that it came with a mini exfoliating renewal cleanser.
When I first tried it, I was very impressed. My face felt like a NEW face! It was super smooth and clean feeling, which made me very happy! I used the slower speed on areas that do not have as many pores (such as my cheeks) and the higher speed on areas where my pores tend to clog more often (such as my nose and forehead). The only problem for me is that the mini cleanser that came with the kit contains only 20mL (0.68 FL OZ LIQ). I personally use quite a bit of cleanser each time. And to be honest, the cleanser is good enough to use on its own without the cleaning tool. Unfortunately, the cleanser is quite expensive, I cannot remember exactly, but the price of the full size cleanser actually costs more than the entire kit (that was on sale). On top of that, the cleaning brush must be replaced every three months. In the end the costs do add up as well. It may not be as expensive as the Clarisonic, but still pricey for a drug store item.
PROS
J Impressive outcome; face was smooth and refreshed
J Great cleanser
J Less expensive than Clarisonic
J Batteries included
J 2-speed cleaning tool
CONS
L Pricey for a drugstore item
L Cleanser included is expensive when purchased in full size
L Cleansing brush needs to be replaced every three months
OVERALL
It works very well on my skin and does not dry it out. I give this a 4/5J
WOULD I REPURCHASE/PURCHASE FULL SIZE/PURCHASE MORE?
I might purchase the full size of the cleanser when my mini one runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...