Monday 5 September 2011

Review: Too Faced Glamour to Go Catwalk Collection

I received this palette from Sephora as my 500-point gift. I also received the Shadow Insurance with this as well which I reviewed previously. I was very excited in trying this out at the time because the packaging was very cool and I’ve heard wonderful things about Too Faced eyeshadows and blushes. I don’t intend on trying out their lip glosses in the palette because I don’t usually wear lip gloss. Why?  Because I highly prefer matte lips as opposed to creamy/glossy lips. Therefore, the lip glosses in this palette remained untouched.


This palette came with EIGHT eyeshadows. The first shade on the top row (starting from the left) is a dark shimmery brown colour that is more on the mocha brown side. I like to use this colour in the evening. Next, the second shade on the first row is a matte black colour with silver glitter. This is also something I like to use in the evening for a smoky look. The third shade on the top row is similar to the first shade, but lighter. This shade can be used for a day-time look and is more wearable. The fourth shade on the top row is a metallic silver lime green colour. This is a very interesting shade that I like to use on my inner lower lash line (just for a hint of colour).

-top shade swatches

Continuing on the bottom row of eyeshadows, the first shade is a pretty light shimmery pink that can be used for a sweet look. The second colour on the second row is a metallic plum purple colour that works really well to create a smoky eye. This is a very great colour for the fall and winter. The third shade is a pearly pink colour that is one of my favourites in this palette. Finally, the last colour is a shimmery beige colour that is similar to the shade Sidecar from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
-bottom shade swatches

-blush is almost finished :(

On the bottom of this palette is a small “compartment” that slides out. This section contains a blush and four shades of lip gloss. Unfortunately, I did not use the lip glosses from this palette, but they are very pretty colours that I’m sure many would love. On the other hand, I am IN LOVE with the blush. It is such a beautiful peachy coral colour with fine gold shimmer that I use every day.
PROS: All of the eyeshadows that came with this palette were great in quality and colour. They included colours that I can use in the day and night time which was really nice. Also, I absolutely LOVE the blush that was included in the palette. I actually want to purchase the full size of this colour, BUT I don’t know the name of the shade OR whether it was made especially for this palette. I’ve tried looking for a blush shade as close to this as possible by Too Faced and I think it is the “Full Bloom Ultra Flush Blush” in the shade “Who’s Your Poppy”. I will most likely purchase it once I completely finish this shade and hope for the best that it is the exact same blush. In addition, I really love the packaging of this product overall, it is very pretty and easy to carry anywhere I go.
CONS: Unfortunately, the names of the shade colours were not given, therefore, if I wanted to purchase any of the shadows or the blush later on, it will be extremely difficult.
OVERALL: I really love this palette! It had beautiful eyeshadows, lip colours and a lovely blush! This is a 5/5J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...