Monday 19 September 2011

Review: Dior Matte & Shiny Duo Eyeshadow in 775 Silver Look

I was drawn to the very first colour of this duo. At the time, I really wanted a matte taupe colour to use all over my lids or simply on my crease area. Also, I didn’t mind the silver colour because I felt like I would have a reason to use it in the future. However, after using this several times, I’ve realized I didn’t really need the silver colour and was not worth my investment.


I’m not too sure if it is entirely my fault, but on the first day using this product, I accidently dropped it on to my carpet floor. This caused a “layer” of the taupe colour to break off. I was very unhappy and disappointed, but I used it anyway.


PROS: The taupe colour is indeed a very nice colour. I was looking for a colour exactly like it and was so happy when I found it. Also, the packagings of Dior products are very sophisticated and elegant, which I love!
CONS: I was very unhappy when the taupe colour broke. I didn’t think the situation was bad enough for it to happen. On top of that, the taupe colour was pretty chalky for a matte colour (which was why I believe it broke so easily). The silver colour remained intact when I dropped the eyeshadow, which made me think if the reason for the taupe shadow breaking was because of the quality or me dropping it. Also, the matte eyeshadow was not long lasting and a large portion of it rubbed off by the end of the day, especially when I used it for my crease.
OVERALL: The colours are very pretty, but not the best in terms of quality. I give this a 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...