Monday 15 August 2011

Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette

Let me start off by saying “I LOVE THIS PALETTE!” I love this palette as much as I love my Shu Uemura eyelash curler (and that’s A LOTJ). Urban Decay is one of my favourite makeup brands to begin with. I love their eyeshadows because they’re great in quality, pigmentation and texture. I love their eyeshadow primers because they make my eyeshadows long lasting and saturated. In other words, I love Urban Decay! When this palette came out, I was way too happy. It came with 12 neutral eyeshadows, a double-ended 24/7 pencil liner, and a mini eyeshadow primer potion (which I reviewed in another post). I went crazy at the time and went back to Sephora constantly until they had it in stock.


One of the main reasons why I love this palette is because I’ve used EVERY colour before, yes, every colour. They are all wearable and can be used on any skin tone.
Here is a “summary” of all the shades:
-notice how I'm quite close to finishing "Virgin" :(


The first colour is Virgin. It is a VERY pretty satin white colour with a hint of beige. I use this colour the most because it is perfect to use underneath my brow bone, inner corners of my eyes and on top of my cheeks for highlight. This shade is special because it is exclusive to the naked palette. I’ve actually tried to find another full sized Urban Decay shadow to take its place, but failed to find one as good as thisL. The second shade is Sin. It is a pinky nude colour with a hint of shimmer. I like to use this shade all over my lids in the spring time. The third shade is Naked. It’s a very subtle matte nude colour that I like to use when I like to look very natural and clean. The fourth shade is Sidecar. It is a shimmery beige colour with relatively large sparkles that kind of looks like it can fall out, but it’s a pretty colour! The fifth shade is Buck. This is a matte medium brown colour that is also one of my favourites. I like to use this shade to fill in my eyebrows, apply all over my lids and line my lower lash line. The sixth shade is Half Baked. This is a very nice bronze colour for the summer. The seventh shade is Smog. This is also another favourite, it is a medium-dark shimmery brown colour that I used quite often as well, especially in the evening. The eighth shade is Darkhorse, it is pretty much the dark brown version of Smog. I like using this shade when I want to go for a “darker” than usual.  The ninth shade is Toasted. It is like a pinky-bronze colour that I don’t use often, but it is very flattering in the fall. The tenth shade is Hustle. It is a redish brown colour with a hint of shimmer. I love this shade during the winter time because it’s a very nice warm tone for your eyes. The eleventh shade is Creep. It is a very nice black shade with bit a shimmer. Last, but not least, is the twelfth shade Gunmetal. It is a very pretty metallic blue-ish gray. I liked to use this colour to line my lower lash line when I’m feeling a little different at timesJ
-Swatches from left to right in order

PROS: Every one of these shades is wearable. I never felt any of them were out of my comfort zone and these eyeshadows are great in quality and colour. I also love how the palette is magnetic and therefore, it is easy to close and open the case (more smoothJ). In addition, the eyeshadow potion primer and 24/7 eyeliners that came with the palette were just amazing! They definitely are my favourites.
CONS: It was quite difficult for me to get this product. I mean...I had to return to Sephora countless times and fight with a few girls....but that was all worth it (The fighting part was sarcasm...lol). Also, there were a few shades that were exclusive to this palette in particular and most of them are the ones I use often. Therefore, those colours will most likely finish very soon. Unfortunately, I am not willing to purchase another Naked palette JUST for the few particular shades.
OVERALL: This is a must have. Period. This is definitely a 5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...