Monday 22 August 2011

Review: Dolly Wink False Eyelashes in No. 1 Dolly Sweet

I love false eyelashes! They can make a huge difference in the way your eyes look depending on the shape and size of the lashes. I wear false eyelashes a lot and because of that I usually get them from drugstore brands. They are more affordable and work just as well for every day.
Even though drugstore lashes are more affordable, I still wanted to try Dolly Wink lashes. What made them so appealing for me to try them was because they were produced or inspired by Tsubasa Masuwaka! Also they are made extra long in comparison to my regular false lashes to help create that dolly-eye look (like what Tsubasa does!). Unfortunately, they cost me approximately 2-3 times as much per pair in comparison to my usual drugstore lashes, but I was willing to try it. The package came with two pairs of Dolly Wink lashes and a small tube of lash glue. The packaging is very cute with a picture of Tsubasa wearing the pair of lashes at the front and a close-up of her eyes on the back. To be honest, I am in love with the packaging of her products. I mean, who doesn’t love the light pink and polka dots?! Also, I chose No. 1 because I thought the large “triangle” shapes at the end of that lash strips really give a cute innocent look to the eyesJ.



PROS: I like how these lashes were made longer than the usual pair of lashes. If I wanted to go for that dolly look, I can wear them the way Tsubasa did. At the same time, if I wanted it to be more simple and wearable, I could trim it to the way I like and adjust it my way. Also, I really love the glue that came with it. The tip of the lash glue made it very easy for precise application on to the lash strip. The lash glue made my lashes stay on all day and was REALLY easy to remove when I took off my lashes at the end of the day. The glue literally just peels off in one strip!


CONS: These lashes are more expensive in comparison to my usual drugstore lashes. Therefore, I only wear them when I feel a little more special in the morning that day J Also, the glue that comes with the lashes are great HOWEVER, they take a little longer to dry. The glue DOES dry clear, but I’m usually stuck with white glue lines a little longer than usual. If I am impatient that morning, I would fill in the glue lines with my eyeliner.
OVERALL: I love these lashes! They are very cute, great quality and comes with a great lash glue (most of the time I end up throwing away the glue that comes with false lashes, but I didn’t have to for this). I give these lashes a 5/5 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...