Monday 8 August 2011

Review: DHC Oil Sheets

I carry oil sheets in the bag all the time. To me, they are a MUST HAVE. Why? Because I do have a combination skin type with an EXTREMELY oily T-zone area and normal-to-dry cheek areas. If I were to apply makeup early in the morning, by the afternoon I would need to pop out a sheet because BOY-DO-I-LOOK-SHINYL. Not only do I think it is important to remove oil because it is unattractive, but it also messes up your makeup and contributes to bad skin. Keep in mind that oil, bacteria and dead skin all contributes to acne, so if one can remove excess oil, it would definitely help. However, it is my preference to limit myself to 1-2 oil sheets a day because over blotting will irritate your skin and potentially cause redness.
I’ve tried quite a few types of oil sheets. My mom brought me back these DHC ones when she went on a trip to Hong Kong. I really liked how it came in a very nice package with 200 oil sheets! I was very excited to try them outJ.

PROS: I really love how it came with a plastic “case-like” package. It was very different from the usual paper cases. It made it more “heavy-duty” compared to many other brands and I also love how each of the oil sheets were about the size of my hand! They were HUGE!

-they're the size of my hands!!!

CONS: I am actually not a fan of oil sheets that are made of “tissue-paper”-like materials. I don’t find the oil blotting abilities to be as strong as the ones made of plastic-like materials.
OVERALL: I really love the packaging of these sheets. It makes the product that much better to use! However, I am not a fan of the material of these sheets and so I don’t use these too often. They are better for people who aren’t oily as frequently as I am.  I rate these oil sheets a 3.5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...